Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Second Day

These Existentialism blogs are supposed, “Demonstrate a sincere struggle with the course material.” But so far our class discussions haven’t been that involved. I know it is just the first week, but so far we haven’t done much. Thad talked about how lengthy some of the course readings were going to be, and how certain Existentialist readings will impact each student in a different way. Also, Thad read a few lines from former students’ final papers that he felt showed a sincere struggle with the course material. I got to say the caliber of the writing from those students were phenomenal. I cannot wait to get into the material and have some of the same experiences as those students. 
After thad read Most of Wednesday was spent creating our groups that we will be with for the rest of the semester. The groups were chosen alphabetical which since my last name starts with “S”, I’m towards the bottom. Group 21 out of 24 groups. I can’t complain though, I’m happy that I wasn’t the first group. Being in that first group has got to be tough. They have no idea what the teachers expects from them, and have little time to prepare. 
Each group has five people, my group consists of Roman, Anthony, Pratishtha, Kyle, and myself. Roman can speak Russian. Anthony, if I remember right, was in a military branch. Pratishtha prefers to be called Sonny (or was it Sunny) and she can speak Hindu. I don’t remember too much about Kyle. We actually didn’t spend too much time together, right after we got together and had our picture taken we set up on next Wednesday to meet right outside class to work on getting our project started. Hopefully we can use that time to also get to know each other a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment