Sunday, February 16, 2014

Kierkegaard

Group 6 had to do the reading on Kierkegaard’s Existentialism dialect. Group 6 started out by asking the class if they enjoyed the reading; most people raised their hand. Thad raised his hand when they asked who didn’t enjoy the reading; I couldn’t help but laugh. Anyway they asked us to write down two questions before the presentation which we would answer later. We never got to that point so we waisted five minutes brainstorming questions that we never got to asked which gets me frustrated. This is the first class that I have had where there is a chance that you will not get the chance to voice your opinion because of the massive amount of people that want to talk. That is one reason I love these blogs; I get to rant on about how I would have asked and answered a question.

My favorite question that group 6 asked was, “Is truth your truth, or the amplification of someone else’s  truth?” Its a tough question and I’ll do my best to answer it. I believe that my truth is the amplification of someone’s truth until I can confirm it for myself. Whenever new information is presented, depending on how knowledgeable the presenter is and how much I trust that person determines whether I accept the what they said as fact. I realize that I and probably pretty much everyone was naive as a child and would believe in pretty much everything, even the impossible.


When I was little I was raised as a Christian, I went to several churches and even attended a private Christian school. I loved that school that I attended from when I was three years old until eighth grade. Eventually, I went to a public high school and attended a world history class that focused heavily on the religions of the world. I never realized how little I knew about my own religion by not knowing about the other possibilities. I had been raised to understand Christianity was the truth and I never once questioned it. I have since changed my view on religion, but I am so glad that I experienced gaining my own truth. I wouldn’t classify myself as a Christian anymore, but I still believe there is a God. Now the important part, even if my region did not change, I believe that the amplification of someone else’s truth becomes your own when you finally test your truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment